7 Good Things to Do While the Sun is in Pisces
|Low Tide by Renoir (b. Feb 25).|
Astrologically it’s a changing time; that is Pisces is a mutable sign. The Zodiac works like this through the year: each season begins with a Cardinal sign (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn), moves on to a fixed sign (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius) and ends with a mutable sign as it slides into the next season (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces).
Now we are sliding from winter into spring, but the icy fingers of Saturn still seem to have us in their grip. So how can we take courage and enjoy ourselves instead of falling into a seasonal depression?
Here are some ways to celebrate the double fishes.
1. Dream of sailing on a summer sea.
2. Grill a Dover sole. Eat it. Sole is in season right now.
Failing that, buy some fish and chips.
3. Spend a day at a spa.
Or spend make a point of having a long, long bath.
4. Read poetry. Here are some profound and very Piscean lines from the Greek nobel laureate George Seferis (b.March 14).
if it is to know itself
into its own soul:
the stranger and enemy, we’ve seen him in the mirror.”
5. Going to the movies and losing yourself in imagination is in itself a Neptunian activity, since Neptune rules both Pisces and film. But some movies are more Piscean than others.
Here’s a short list of fishy flicks:
Death in Venice, Big Fish, The Deep, A Beautiful Mind, Humoresque, Pauline at the Beach (actually pretty much anything by Eric Rohmer). I leave you to figure out why I’ve chosen these ones and do add to the list if you like.
6. Drown in Chopin (b. March 1). Here is Yundi Li playing a nocturne. Listen and weep.
7. Daydream just a little more. It’s free.