All The President’s Crimes
Trump fans, stop reading now. You won’t like it.
US President Donald Trump may have done Americans a favour by revealing just how much the system has rotted, and how much needs repairing. While Obama was like a lovely bandaid on the running sore of corruption in American politics (with a touch of Bach Rescue Remedy), Trump has acted like a great big magnifying glass.
Meanwhile, in the rest of the world, as the living personification of the “ugly American”, he’s done “the best” job.
So this week, some of his crimes have been exposed in court. And some of his proclivities — whoring and adultery — have turned out to be a bit of a problem. What was happening in the skies? It looked until now as if he might get away with behaving like a deranged Mafia don in the office of President.
As many astrologers have pointed out, including Jude Cowell, the Sun returned to the exact spot of last year’s Great American Eclipse this week, which happens to be Trump’s Ascendant. On that day Paul Manafort, Trump’s creepy campaign chairman, was found guilty on 10 counts, and his personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, while pleading guilty to bribery and corruption implicated the President in a crime. Since then — and this is only Friday — two more of his close allies have asked for immunity (in return for turning state’s evidence).
It’s quite funny that it’s the hush money that was paid to the women he slept with that may bring him down. By transit Pluto, the Lord of the Underworld, is in his 5th house, the house of, among other things, “swiving” as my predecessor William Lilley might have put it. Pluto’s been there for about a decade, and making tough aspects to the Donald’s money planets in Libra for about half that time. He must have felt he was throwing hush money down a bottomless pit.
This week, Venus in Libra (women and money) went over the Donald’s money planets and is coming in to square that Pluto on Monday. Both transiting Saturn and Mars Rx are also in that house of flings — and Mars is conjunct Lilith, the cast-off woman who seeks revenge. Mars has already made two exact conjunctions to Lilith this summer and will make another one at the end of September — after Lilith passes through the South Node.
This week, the Moon went over that cluster of points — Saturn, Pluto, Mars Rx, South Node and Lilith — in Capricorn and Aquarius that square Trump’s Libra money planets.
But that does not quite explain why Trump towers is being so shaken this week.
Take a look at his progressed chart — for today.
• Pluto squares his prChiron — a direct hit in the Achilles’ Heel.
• His prMoon is exactly on the eclipse degree of August 11, 2018 — ouch.
• His prASC is at 28° Libra exactly squared by transiting Mars Rx (in the pr House of News and information). In other words, Mars Rx digs up all the dirt and throws it at his face, the ASC.
• Mars Rx has gone back over his prIC over the summer, and opposed his prSaturn on the MC. This must be pretty destabilising. It’ll be interesting to see what happens when Mars goes back over the IC and opposes prSaturn again and then both natal and prPluto.
• His prSun at 1° Virgo is in the spotlight under the transiting Sun, but also caught in the practical Earth Grand Trine. Uranus in Taurus and Saturn in Capricorn make nice supportive angles to that Sun (in theory). But what if you haven’t played with a straight bat? How does Saturn respond to that? And his prSaturn has been at 2° Leo for some time. Now it’s being squared by trUranus in his house of allies — erstwhile friends may become enemies.
Trump’s natal Ceres, the planet of abundance, is interesting. It’s opposite Pluto and in his 6th house of work. But by progression it’s at 0° Aquarius and right in the middle of that Mars Rx tangle.
As Mars turns direct on August 26, things are likely to gather momentum. This autumn’s Venus retrograde in Scorpio could bring further revelations about dirty money and prostitution. We’ll see.
If the US justice system prevails, it will show that not even the President is above the law in the United States – and that really is great.