Astrology of Now: Re-detailing the Details
Mercury Rx in Virgo
30 Aug- 22 September
My goodness — what a super duper Mercury Rx. My household is swept up in a frenzied combined back-to-school, major-clear-out reading party.
Here are some good things that have happened in the last few days.
• You can see the floor of the garden shed — and the fancy missing trowel turned up. You can see the pond, having removed all the grass that had grown over it.
• The woodpile is a model of symmetry and order
• My glasses surfaced at last, so I can stop wearing the prescription before last.
• I found a whole stack of books that we haven’t read, and another stack that have been missing for years.
• The spice drawer is a model of order and cleanliness. Ditto medicine cabinet.
• I found two cheques that haven’t been cashed
• DVDs have been put in the attic, CDs alphabetised: part of the living room that we haven’t seen in years has reappeared.
• Found a film of my children when they were tiny.
Mercury, the planet of communications, is retrograde in Virgo — a sign the we associate with details, craftsmanship, editing, health and routine. This is a tremendously practical retrograde, and taking action could be extremely beneficial. This retrograde works will with the final fling of Jupiter in Virgo. The King of the Zodiac changes signs on September 9 — after a year in Virgo. Since he has expanded a certain side of your life — maybe adding a lot more detail — you may have lost track of what’s going on there. This is your chance to tidy things up.
For example, a friend of mine has gained hundreds of new customers this year, but it’s all been happening so fast that the paperwork is a bit of a mess. Now is her chance to set that right and get everything neatly filed and alphabetised.
It will work differently for each of us, but here are nine ideas to get you started.
Apothecary’s cabinet. From 1stdibs
- Recalibrate your meds.
If you are on a cocktail of medications, it may be worth taking another look at them. This is especially so if you have Aries Rising or Sun.
- Edit your manuscript, play, song-cycle.
- Comb your website for errors — or your tapestry for loose threads.
- Deflea the cat/dog/chipmunk
- Obviously — reread your favourite book. Or, less obviously, go shopping for second-hand books.
- Reboot your diet plan. (The one you couldn’t stick to before.)
- Re-connect with sponsors/clients/friends/lovers…Look at your chart to for more detail on who you should be getting in touch with. For example, Taurus Rising/Taurus Sun, you might want to get in touch with an old flame… You will likely know instinctively who you should get in touch with.
- Take a look back at your year of Jupiter in Virgo, and see what needs tidying up.
- Enjoy this website — Art Details.
Oh and I’ve just found this: film-maker Werner Herzog (born on this day) talking about craft, money and perseverance. Read these brilliantly Virgoan insights about following your vocation. What he says is true for anyone trying to make their own way in the world. Here’s an excerpt.
“The circumstances of funding never just appear; you have to create them yourself, then manipulate them for your own ends. This is the very nature and daily toil of filmmaking. If your project has real substance, ultimately the money will follow you like a common cur in the street with its tail between its legs. There is a German proverb: “Der Teufel scheisst immer auf den grössten Haufen” [“The Devil always shits on the biggest heap”]. So start heaping and have faith. Every time you make a film you should be prepared to descend into Hell and wrestle it from the claws of the Devil himself. Prepare yourself: there is never a day without a sucker punch. At the same time, be pragmatic and learn how to develop an understanding of when to abandon an idea. Follow your dreams no matter what, but reconsider if they can’t be realized in certain situations. A project can become a cul-de-sac and your life might slip through your fingers in pursuit of something that can never be realized. Know when to walk away.”