Astrology of Now: Face the Music and Dance

Wednesday November 9th 2011

As an über-Neptunian type, I am always excited when the god of the sea turns around and starts to surge forwards. Today’s the day.

Dreams, fantasy, ideals. Love, sacrifice, deceit. Mob violence, peaceful activism. Fog, illusion, self-undoing. Music and movies. Drugs and alcohol. Neptune has many faces.

The collective unconscious – all the prejudices, fantasies, obsessions and desires of the group poured into the great bowl of ocean and swirled.

The face Neptune shows you may depend on how he is in your own natal chart and how you have learned to cope with his energy. He’s in the last few degrees of Aquarius now, ready to go home to Pisces for the first time since the mid-19th century.

This week he’s been opposed by Mars (action) in Leo, the individual, the ego and creative self-expression. This opposition could manifest in several ways, but on a personal level, try to go with this energy. It’s powerful and creative.

OK, so it’s an opposition. But out of tension comes dynamism. It’s better to dance with a partner. Face the music. As the song says,

Before the fiddlers have fled
Before they ask us to pay the bill
And while we still
Have the chance
Let’s face the music and dance

Pick up your paintbrush, your camera, your pen. Put on your dancing shoes.

1. Sombrazero00 says:

And since is aquarius/leo talking we can turn up the beat a little. My son has venus in late degs of Leo, and he’s being asking me to put Waka Waka every morning in our way to school!

2. Isabel Tifft says:

Oh, good ol’ Neptune, thoroughly confusing as ever … to me anyway 🙂 He was retrograde in Scorpio in my 7th, and, yes, the people I’m closest to are troubled, addicted, artists, writers, and visionaries.

I have a book on Saturn that’s nearly finished its rough draft. At the risk of muddying the, ahem, waters, perhaps I’ll put a bit more focus on that this month.

3. christinarodenbeck says:

Mercury retrograde coming up – an excellent time to revise, review and think big (Sag).

4. mm says:

The watery one is in my 1st house natally. I’m delighted he’s finally moving forwards again and will finally be moving away from his opposition to my natal Saturn. This feeling of treading water might finally start to shift! I had my hair done yesterday to celebrate …..

5. christinarodenbeck says:

And that’s the last pass.

6. P says:

Oh, that Robbie! What a fun vid. Speaking of Neptunie fun – how about the astrology of the Muppets! It’s a major cultural, creative and imaginative milestone for people of a particular generation (hell, my FB profile pic is Statler and Waldorf!). Neptune-influenced, no?

7. Christina says:

@P – Robbie is totally Dionysian – another face of Neptune

8. Christina says:

…Muppets hmm. I think there is a birthdate for Kermit the Frog, but what about the rest of them. Or would I just do Jim Henson etc