Venus in Libra: Grace, Balance… But Not Always

Sunday October 12th 2014

Will Smith

Will Smith

I’ve often thought that Bill Clinton looks an awful lot like an older, whiter version of the actor Will Smith.

Bill Clinton, Sun in Leo, Libra Rising, Venus in Libra

Bill Clinton, Sun in Leo, Libra Rising, Venus in Libra

When the planet of beauty is in her own sign of Libra, you’d expect to find some real physical beauty. In particular, you might expect to find some perfectly balanced faces. Grace Kelly is always cited as an example of someone with a perfectly proportioned face.

Grace Kelly, Scorpio Sun, Scorpio Ascendant

Grace Kelly, Scorpio Sun, Scorpio Ascendant

How about Beyoncé?

Beyoncé Knowles, Virgo Sun, Scorpio Rising

Beyoncé Knowles, Virgo Sun, Leo Rising

For sheer glamour, it’s hard to bet Vivien Leigh or Rita Hayworth.

Vivien Leigh, Scorpio Sun, Taurus Rising

Vivien Leigh, Scorpio Sun, Taurus Rising

Rita Haworth in Gilda... Libra Sun, Taurus Rising

Rita Haworth in Gilda… Libra Sun, Taurus Rising

One of the characteristics all these actors share — including Bill Clinton — is grace. Richard Gere moves like a cat.

Richard Gere, Venus conjunct Neptune in Libra, Sun in Virgo

Richard Gere, Venus conjunct Neptune in Libra, Sun in Virgo

Claudia Schiffer’s feline too. Also a Virgo Sun.

Claudia Schiffer by Mario Testiino -- Virgo Sun, Scorpio Rising

Claudia Schiffer by Mario Testiino — Virgo Sun, Scorpio Rising

Hugh Grant in his pomp -- also Virgo Sun with Venus in Libra

Hugh Grant in his pomp — also Virgo Sun with Venus in Libra

Michael Douglas, Libra Sun, Scorpio Rising

Michael Douglas, Libra Sun, Scorpio Rising

Here’s another surprising resemblance, including the dimpled chin and the deep set eyes.

Viggo Mortenson, Libra Sun, Venus in Libra

Viggo Mortenson, Libra Sun, Venus in Libra

No dimple for Colin Firth but same smile lines.

Colin Firth - Virgo Sun, Venus in Libra, Scorpio Rising

Colin Firth – Virgo Sun, Venus in Libra, Scorpio Rising

However, Venus in Libra does not bless everyone with good looks by any means. There’s a whole category of rumpled, squashy -featured Venus in Libras. For some it also seems moral turpitude is etched into the creases.

German actor Klaus Kinski, Sun Libra, Cancer Rising

German actor Klaus Kinski, Sun Libra, Cancer Rising

Karl Lagerfeld, Virgo sun

Karl Lagerfeld, Virgo sun — would like to marry his cat

Kiss frontman Gene Simmons -- better with makeup -- Virgo Sun, Libra Rising

Kiss frontman Gene Simmons — better with makeup — Virgo Sun, Libra Rising

Woody Allen - before Soon Yi -- Virgo Rising, Sun in Sagittarius

Woody Allen – before his fall from grace — Virgo Rising, Sun in Sagittarius

Two-timing French president Francois Hollande, Gemini Rising (!), Leo Sun

Two-timing French president Francois Hollande, Gemini Rising (!), Leo Sun

1. Kate says:

Just wondering what the exclamation mark after Gemini Rising in Francois Hollande’s comment means. I’m new to astrology!

2. Interesting post. My ex (after 34 years) has Venus in Libra conjunct Mercury intercepted in the 5th, and trine his Gemini Ascendent, sextile Jupiter in the 7th (I’m wife # 4, he is 18 years older). His Sun conjunct Moon/Neptune in Virgo. Lovely man with lots of charisma and intelligence but not emotionally available. But not a philanderer. Would love to find him the perfect mate! 😉 It isn’t me (Gemini/Libra rising, 5 planets in water…)

3. Rachel says:

Just curious about Beyonce’s Rising Sign. You mention her in the “Leo Rising” article, but here she is said to be Scorpio Rising. Thank you in advance.

Love your work! Warm regards to you.

• Christina says:

Thanks for pointing that out Rachel. I actually am 100% sure Beyonce does not have Scorpio Rising — even though according to some sources she has Pluto Rising in Libra, so I assume that I simply made a careless mistake here. I will fix it, so thank you very much.

I need to look a bit further to figure out the Leo Rising though. Several other astrologers use this too with a 4.37am birth time in Houston, Texas. However, I can’t find the source of this birth time. Nevertheless, Leo feels right to me. I actually think of Beyoncé as golden.

I note that on astrodatabank she has Libra Rising but that is with a DD rating, which means pretty useless.

4. sabrina says:

Some of the not so graceful examples of venus in Libra seem to have it placed in hidden houses. At least Kinski and Simmons. Grace Kelly’s is in the 12th but near Asc.
    What do you think?
    I started noticing more clearly what happens with planets in the water houses after a conversation with my son (related to the ‘last airbender series). I asked him of some family members and what ‘tribe’ (element) they seem to belong. He invariably nailed it, except for one who has Sun and Mars in Fire in 12th and 4th. He felt it was earth (Asc Cap and Taurus Moon in 5th). And it is true, the fire doesn’t show!

• Christina says:

That is really interesting — thanks for looking them up. Those were also the two photographs which had gone missing and had to be replaced since this article was first published! Also both notorious misogynistic, sexual predators.

Water swallows it up, do you think? — or does an airy Venus have trouble breathing in the 12th? Would be interesting to look at those charts… but I’m just writing horoscopes right now.

• sabrina says:

Yes it feels like the water swallows that fire, it is harder to express joy or excitement it seems.
        But then, few weeks ago I had breakfast with a lovely, fiery lady, and just had to ask her, because she seems to have so much Leo. She smiled and said, well, I have Sun, Mercury, Venus and Pluto in Leo..in the 12th. I haven’t seen her chart and is possible some of those planets are close enough to the Asc… or that Leo Mercury has a window for expression, ruling her Virgo Asc…fun stuff!